I’ll admit, I do occasionally use a microwave. If this isn’t for you, please make sure you don’t live in a glass house before commenting. I did try this recipe in the oven, but it just didn’t work as well. Feel free to do so, but it will be more like a 20 minute Chocolate Souffle. For me, it’s about simplicity and economy.
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup*
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon cacao
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon coconut yogurt or coconut cream**
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Whisk egg and combine well with oil, rice malt syrup, milk and vanilla.
- Add flour, cacao and cinnamon and stir well. If your mixture doesn’t pour, add a touch more milk and combine well.
- Transfer into a lightly greased ramekin, cover and microwave on high for 80 seconds. This will of course depend on your individual microwave.
- Serve warm with yogurt or cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Simple, healthy and delicious.
*For low carb, swap for 1 teaspoon natvia or stevia.
**If dairy free isn’t a concern, Greek yogurt can be used.