Want a little taste of what’s inside Low Carb Healthy Fat Nutrition? What better way to do so than by sharing an all time favourite recipe!
This Immune-Boosting Smoothie Bowl is not only pleasing to the eye, it is loaded with antioxidants, omega-3 fats and protein to fuel whatever activities you have planned for the day ahead.
Smoothie bowls are such a fantastic addition to your diet and can form a nutritious meal as long as it contains the right balance of macronutrients. Low Carb Healthy Fat Nutrition takes the guesswork out of creating a balanced meal and even gives you a breakdown of macronutrients to educate you along the way!
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 125ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed whey protein powder
- 1 tablespoon cashews
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- ½ lemon, zested and juiced
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon coconut cream
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- Place almond milk and chia seeds in a blender and let sit for 15 minutes for the chia seeds to go to work.
- Add remaining smoothie ingredients and blend until smooth or your preferred consistency.
- Spoon the mixture into a bowl and top with coconut flakes and pumpkin seeds.
You can find over 150 recipes like this one, along with meal plans to suit your health goals in Low Carb Healthy Fat Nutrition.
So what are you waiting for? Purchase your copy online here.
Recipe developed with the assistance of Melinda Benstead, Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and Recipe Creator.
Image by the divine Sarah Craven Photography.