We’ve had an amazing response to our latest ebook Real Meal for Athletes!
For those of you that are yet to grab your copy, here is a sample of how nutrient dense but simple the recipes are.
Simple Beetroot, Goat’s Cheese and Walnut Salad
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 4 beetroots (about tennis ball size each)
- 1/4 cup cold pressed extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup (RMS)
- 200g rocket leaves
- 80g Goat’s cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (ACV)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Prick beetroot with a fork, cover with coconut oil and place in the oven on a baking tray for 45 minutes or until tender. Set aside to cool. Peel and dice until medium size cubes.
- Heat frypan lightly, add walnuts and RMS and toss well until lightly brown. Set aside to cool.
- Combine rocket and beetroot in a large bowl and top with Goat’s cheese and walnuts.
- Combine EVOO, ACV and salt in a jug and dress salad before serving.
Serving tip: leftovers are great topped with a can of tuna or salmon in olive oil for lunch the next day.
In Real Meals for Athletes we also provide you with:
* The Why: your guide to real food;
* The What: information on building your plate, nutrient timing, satiety, fasted training and metabolic efficiency;
* The How: recipes and example days, including what meals to choose post-training for optimal recovery;
* More than twenty main meal ideas to fuel your week. Some are old favourites, but many are new ideas and combinations to keep you coming back for more.
Grab your copy here.