This is the perfect grain-free treat, which can also be made into muffins for a ready-to-go snack. As always, use rice malt syrup instead of honey if you prefer a lower fructose version.
- 1½ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, free range, beaten
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Combine flour, seeds, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
- Place the eggs, honey and banana in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until frothy and fully combined. Add the zucchini and beat again until mixed through.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients with the mixer running, until all of the flour mixture is combined.
- Pour the batter into the loaf tin and sprinkle with sunflower seeds if desired.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the middle is set and a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!