Traditional breakfast choices are often processed, high in simple sugars and low in nutrition. And we wonder why we need caffeine, muffins and the office lolly jar to get us through our days! Stop the viscous cycle by making a breakfast choice that is packed full of nutrients – good fats, greens and protein to provide blood sugar control and sustained energy. What I love the most about this Breakfast Antioxidant Bowl is that the only sugars are those naturally occurring in raspberries and coconut milk. Try it and tell me how satiated you are, and how suddenly, you don’t need to eat every two hours anymore. How you start your day really shapes your entire day.
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
¼ cup coconut milk
- ½ avocado
- 1 handful spinach
- 1 handful cos lettuce
- 1 handful raspberries
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 scoop Bare Blends organic vanilla bean WPI
- 1/3 tray ice
- 1 handful walnuts, crushed
- Cacao nibs, to taste
- Add water and chia seeds to the blender and let sit for 15 minutes for the chia seeds to go to work.
- Add milk, avo, spinach, cos, raspberries, cinnamon, maca and coconut oil and blend well.
- Add protein powder and ice and blend until thick but smooth. Add more ice if desired.
- Pour into a bowl and top with walnuts and cacao nibs. Enjoy.
A “breakfast” bowl perhaps, but I could honestly eat this at any time of the day.