Build Your Own (BYO ) Egg Cups are one of my weekly staples. Packed full of protein, they are fantastic snacks for when you’re on the go, or wonderful with a side salad for a low carb main meal. Great fresh out of the oven and in my opinion, even better cold! You are limited only by your imagination with these. Some of my favourite combinations are:
- Asparagus, spinach & ricotta
- Bacon, mushroom & sundried tomatoes
- Sweet potato, broccolini & chilli
- Mushroom, sundried tomato, capsicum, chive & feta (featured)*
Ingredients (Makes 10-12)
- 12 eggs
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Vegies of your choice
- Bacon (optional)
- Goat’s Milk feta or Ricotta (optional)
- Coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl and season to taste.
- Pour into lightly greased muffins tins until ¾ full.
- Finely chop your fillings and add a handful to each muffin tin. If using feta/ricotta, add a small cube to each cup.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cooked throughout. Your egg cups should increase in size and then settle once removed from the oven and allowed to cool.
Why not make a different batch each week – variety is everything!
* For those of you not sure about quantities, I literally used 1 mushroom, 10 sundried tomatoes (1 for each cup), a palm size piece of capsicum, 1/2 a chive stalk and a small cub of feta in each. So simple!