Full of protein and good fats, this Choc Coconut Protein Smoothie is the perfect way to start your day! It also doubles as a fantastic afternoon or pre-training snack, as the addition of dates will curb your sweet tooth and fuel your workout. All natural, gluten free, refined sugar free, dairy free and delicious! Heaven in a cup.
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ avocado
- 1-2 Medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon raw cacao/ cacao nibs
- 1 tablespoon coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 tray of ice
- 1 scoop Vital Protein chocolate pea protein/ 2 free range eggs
- Add nut milk and chia seeds to the blender and let sit for 15 minutes for the chia seeds to go to work.
- Add remaining ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Top with extra cacao nibs & coconut. Enjoy!
Image by Sarah Craven Photography.