This baby is quickly becoming a huge hit, and it seems the men and children in our lives are number #1 fans! A quick, easy and delicious meal served with your favourite salad or choice of greens topped with grass-fed butter and sea salt. Enjoy.
Ingredients (Serves 2-3)
- 4 chicken thigh fillets, free range
- 1 egg, free range
- 1 cup almond/hazelnut meal*
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- ½ cup coconut oil (we love Coconut Revolution)
- 4 pieces ham, free range**
- Sugar Free Tomato Sauce (ideally you have this pre-made in the fridge)
- 8 slices organic hard cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Crack egg into a small bowl and whisk well. In a separate bowl, combine almond/hazelnut meal and coconut flour.
- Cover chicken thighs well in egg, then coat well in the flour mix.
- Heat coconut oil in a large pan and shallow fry chicken on both sides until lightly browned.
- Transfer from the frypan onto a lined baking tray. Lay down ham, a tablespoon or two of Sugar Free Tomato Sauce and top with cheese.
- Pop in the oven for 10 minutes or until cheese has melted. Serve as desired.
* I haven’t tried a nut-free version yet, but please report back with your successes if you do.
Image: Sarah Craven Photography.