It’s BBQ season (in Australia) but that doesn’t mean you need to derail completely. If you buy good quality organic sausages then they can fit perfectly within your real food lifestyle. As always, speak to your butcher to ensure you are purchasing quality, or better still, support a farm such as Braelands Beef & Lamb, where you are guaranteed organic, grass fed, hormone free and antibiotic free.
This recipe has become a huge favourite, and you’ll never have to duck into the supermarket for coleslaw that’s full of unnecessary ingredients that you can’t pronounce. Enjoy.
Clean Snags with Paleo Coleslaw
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 tablespoon cold pressed extra virgin coconut oil
- 8 organic grass fed sausages
- 1 large carrot, grated
- ½ cabbage head, finely sliced
- Paleo Mayo
- Sugar Free Tomato Sauce
- Heat coconut oil in a pan and cook sausages for 6-8 minutes on each side. If you’re using a BBQ simply cook to your liking, turing halfway.
- To make coleslaw: add carrot, cabbage and Paleo Mayo to a large bowl and combine well.
- Serve sausages topped with Sugar Free Tomato Sauce alongside coleslaw.