I love this recipe. If you’re anything like me, you often start baking only to realise you’re out of eggs. Or perhaps you have an egg allergy and feel you have to miss out on delicious baked goods? Or too many ripe bananas and no inspiration for something new to make? This Egg Free Banana and Walnut Loaf solves all the big problems in life*. It’s also gluten free, refined sugar free, dairy free and one of the easiest recipes to make. Time to get cooking.
- 2½ cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon psyllium
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 ‘chia eggs‘
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 3 bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup walnuts, crushed
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, psyllium, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, add 3 tablespoons of chia seeds and 9 tablespoons of water and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Add to the dry mix with rice malt syrup, oil, bananas and walnuts. Combine well. Add water only if your mixture needs further combining.
- Pour into a lightly greased loaf pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until it passes the skewer test.
- Allow to cool before removing from the pan. If your loaf is too soft to slice, wrap tightly in glad wrap and store in the fridge until firm. This makes 12 slices and freezes well. A great training snack and delicious served warm with a touch of organic butter.