This is the perfect breakfast. It also works well served cold for lunch, so make extra serves as required. Starting your day with good fats, protein and plenty of greens is the key to nourishment, blood sugar regulation, satiety, craving control, weight management and long-term health.
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- ½ cup pumpkin, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter
- 1 rasher pasture-raised free range bacon, finely diced*
- 100g pasture-raised free range chorizo, finely diced*
- ½ zucchini, finely diced
- ½ cup broccoli, floretted small
- 1 cup spinach
- ½ avocado, diced
- Lightly steam pumpkin.
- Heat butter in a large pan and add pumpkin, chorizo and bacon and cook until browned, stirring throughout.
- Add zucchini and broccoli and cook for one to two minutes or until well covered and slightly softened.
- Add spinach and stir through well.
- Remove from the heat, transfer into a bowl, top with avocado and enjoy.
Images by Sarah Craven Photography. We are thrilled to be collaborating with Sarah, so please show her your support.