Interested in simple and nutrient dense food for the whole household but aren’t sure where to start? We’ve got you covered with our Real Food Family eBook where we show you how simple it can be to nourish your family with real food.
Here is a sneak peak into one of our family favourite recipes contained in the eBook: Chicken Nuggets. Perfect served hot with seasonal greens or cold the next day in your lunchbox with our Sugar Free Tomato Sauce.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 600g free range chicken breast, cut into 4cm length
- 1 egg, free range
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil, for frying
- In a bowl, whisk the egg and milk together.
- In another bowl add the tapioca flour.
- In a third bowl add the almond meal, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken into the tapioca flour and gently toss to coat.
- Dip the chicken into the egg and then toss in the almond meal mixture to coat. Repeat this twice.
- In a large frying pan melt oil and add nuggets. Cook for 3 minutes on each side, or until golden and cooked through.
Recipe developed with the assistance of Min Benstead, Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and Recipe Creator for TNN. Learn more in Meet Min here.
Image by Sarah Craven Photography.