Ok, so by flourless, I mean wheat flour-less. If you haven’t already noticed, almond flour and coconut flour are two of my favourite gluten free substitutions. After all, we all (hopefully) know how bad gluten is. If not, I highly recommend you watch this clip: “Gluten and Autoimmunity Explained in 20 Minutes“. And make these muffins – the perfect recipe for when your bananas are just that little bit too ripe to eat. Crunchy on top, seriously moist in the middle and absolutely delicious!
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 eggs, free range
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup rice malt syrup
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk (I love Pure Harvest)
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, nutmeg, baking powder and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs and add to dry mix.
- Add oil, rice malt syrup and milk, ensuring all of the dry mix has taken up the liquid.
- Add the banana and combine well.
- Scoop into a greased muffin tins and bake for 10-15 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
Delicious warm or cold and the perfect on-to-go breakfast or training snack!
Image by Sarah Craven Photography.