We all like lists. Here are my top 10 food prep ideas to make your gluten free and refined sugar free eating as easy and as natural as possible.
- Wash spinach leaves or your favourite salad mix and store in the fridge to start the week.
- Chop vegie sticks for a fantastic snack with nut butter or home-made guacamole. I’m in love with capsicum at the moment!
- Hard boil some eggs for a really simple high protein snack on the go.
- Roast vegies in coconut oil and a touch of salt to add to your salads for extra bulk and flavour. My favourites are sweet potato, beetroot and zucchini.
- Bake extra chicken breasts in the oven on Monday night while making dinner – that way you’ll have enough to last until Friday!
- Make a double serve of a really simple stir fry so you have leftovers for lunch the next day. All you need is a nut oil, tamari, fresh garlic, chilli, your choice of protein and whatever vegies you like!
- Cook a batch of quinoa on a Sunday to add to your salads, or to make my Cold Quinoa Cereal for a delicious sugar free breakfast option. If you’re not sure how to cook quinoa, read this.
- Prepare containers of nuts and seeds or follow my Sugar Free Breakfast Cereal recipe, so you have a quick breakfast or snack ready to go (minus the addition of fruit, milk and yogurt).
- Bake a batch of sugar free muffins. My current favourite are my Low Carb Raspberry & Coconut Muffins, but if you use my Gluten Free and Refined Sugar Free Muffin Blend, you can add whatever fruit or vegetables you like. Variety is everything.
- Try my BYO Egg Cups! I love using any vegies that are no longer at their optimal freshness. High protein, low carb & delicious!
Preparation is the key. Eating healthy really is as easy as you make it.
“A little more time in the kitchen, beats a lot more time in the gym”.
~ Jonathan Bailor, The Smarter Science of Slim.