I’ve had so many requests from you wanting know how I got into shape for my big day. The great news is that it’s incredibly sustainable and without any insane “wed shed” behaviours. The key pillars I focused on were:
- Real food
- Smart exercise
- Self care
- Gut health
As you no doubt know, it’s about optimising your metabolism, not calorie counting, starvation or intense exercise. By really fine tuning the basics I was able to set the foundation for supercharging my metabolism, balancing my hormones and improving my gut health. This is important to be extremely personalised as it absolutely depends on your foundation as well as factors such as genetics, microbiome constitution, metabolic type, and of course, logistic factors such as your current lifestyle and time constraints. What I did worked for me so I will share a few key points, but please understand we recommend working with a practitioner in order to develop a plan that works for you.
My top priorities were:
- Alcohol free. This was a non-negotiable for me as my genetics are not suited to any level of toxins and as much as I love a (sugar free) espresso martini at the time, I pay for it for at least five days to follow. Removing alcohol really allowed my progress to exponentially accelerate.
- Increased incidental exercise, focusing on a minimum of 10,000 steps every day.
- Stress management, including 4 yoga classes per week.
- Fixing my dysbiosis. As I’ve shared with you already, I came back from Europe in 2016 with quite a lot of work to do to improve my microbiome. I have more detail to share here, which I will do in another post, but I committed to:
- Drinking bone broth daily. I use Best of the Bone Organic Turmeric, Ginger & Black Pepper for added anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Introducing a high intake (again, personalised) of pre and probiotics, with a focus on soil-based bacteria from Prescript Assist.
I can honestly say that I have never felt better than I did on my wedding day, and I want the same for you. Let myself and the team here at The Natural Nutritionist guide you to be the healthiest bride (or bridesmaid) possible. We have just released a Real Food Brides program to guide you to a personalised plan to burn fat, improve your digestion, achieve glowing skin and foster a healthy relationship with food and the number on the scales. It really is possible to look and feel your best on your big day.
Learn more about Real Food Brides here.
Please book your complimentary 15 minute consultation here (under ‘Consultations: Skype’ or ‘Consultations: Face-to-Face’).
We look forward to working with you.