I often get asked for a breakfast alternative to eggs. I love my Breakfast Antioxidant Bowl, but I also understand that some find it hard to give up their habitual sugary cereal. So I’ve created to perfect alternative. Gluten free (GF), refined sugar free (SF), high protein and delicious – just the way we should start our days. Perfect with coconut yogurt and berries. I’m content with half a cup.
- 2 cups coconut flakes
- 1 cup raw almonds, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup pepitas
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons organic rice malt syrup
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Spread evenly on a baking tray and cook for 15 minutes, checking regularly and stirring throughout.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Transfer into an airtight container and keep in the fridge for extra crunch.
Like this recipe? Find this and many more The Real Food Athlete, available here.