Christmas is just days away and I have had one of my busiest fortnights with clients – I’m so pleased that many of you are dialling in your nutrition at this time of year and interested in keeping it clean and natural this Christmas.
To help avoid the sweet treats and carbohydrate rich snacks this festive season, whip up a batch of these Roasted Nuts, which are just perfect for the office Christmas party, Christmas morning, or post-Christmas lunch when the cake, chocolates and cocktails are flowing. Simple, nutrient dense and just four ingredients you already have in your pantry.
- 1 cup raw soaked nuts e.g. pecans, cashews, almonds
- 1 tablespoon Pure Harvest rice malt syrup
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Soak nuts in water for 8-12 hours.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Drain nuts and pat dry on paper towel.
- Add to a bowl and coat well in rice malt syrup, cinnamon and salt.
- Spread onto a tray lined with baking paper and bake for 15-20 minutes, checking and turning half way.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before serving.