These are just some of the key superfoods and strategies you can use to resolve your perimenopause symptoms:
- Magnesium-rich foods: dark leafy greens, berries, nuts, seeds and cacao.
- Vitamin C-rich foods: dark leafy greens, berries and citrus fruits.
- Vitamin E-rich foods: avocado, sunflower seeds, almonds and hazelnuts.
- Vitamin B6-rich foods: salmon, tuna, beef, chicken, bananas, sweet potato and beans.
- Removing xenoestogens such as in conventional animal protein (aim to buy organic and/or pasture raised where possible), plastics and chemicals in your beauty regime and home cleaning products.
- Increase your intake of cruciferous vegetables/day: these are rich in sulfur containing compounds which support detoxification (e.g. bok choy, broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, watercress).
- Add apple cider vinegar to a glass of water or soda.
- Add foods including raw carrot, flaxseeds and fermented beetroot.
- Include broccoli sprouts: you can grow your own and add to recipes such as salads and healthy burgers or use as a topper to soups and the like.
For recipes, education and more, please visit: https://thenaturalnutritionist.com.au. Many of my all time favourite recipes can be found in my book, Low Carb Healthy Fat Nutrition, available here: https://thenaturalnutritionist.com.au/low-carb-healthy-fat-nutrition/