I’ve been speaking with a few parents lately who are feeling uninspired about dinner and feeling the pinch of fussy eaters and needing to prepare multiple meals of an evening. Hopefully this Bacon Wrapped Chicken with Cauliflower Mash & Greens is one the whole family will enjoy?
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 2 free range chicken breast fillets or 4 free range chicken thigh fillets
- 4 rashers pasture-raised bacon
- 3 tablespoons almond meal
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 head broccoli, floretted
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, floretted
- 2 tablespoon grass-fed butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Splash of unsweetened almond milk
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a small bowl, mix together the almond meal, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne pepper and salt.
- Rub the spice mixture all over the chicken and wrap each piece of chicken in 2 slices of bacon (for breast fillets) or 1 slice (for thigh fillets).
- Drizzle with oil and place the chicken in a baking pan or ovenproof skillet. Cook for 30-35 minutes or until bacon is crisp and chicken is cooked through.
- Whilst chicken is cooking, steam cauliflower and broccoli.
- Add steamed cauliflower to a food processor with butter, garlic, almond milk and salt and pepper. Blend for 10-20 seconds until it resembled a smooth mash.
- Serve chicken alongside cauliflower mash and steamed broccoli and sprinkle with parsley. Enjoy!
Recipe developed by Head Honcho Steph Lowe and image shot by Elyse Lagos, TNN Practice Manager, Recipe Developer & Food Photographer. Learn more about Steph & Elyse here.