Looking for something to take along to your next barbeque? Why not team our seed crackers or your favourite vegie sticks with this Beetroot & Tahini Dip to impress your family and friends this Australia Day?
Ingredients (Serves 4-6)
- 300g raw beetroot
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, toasted
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut beetroots in half and place onto lined baking tray. Drizzle with the oil and season well.
- Bake beetroots for 30 minutes, or until they have softened. Allow to cool.
- Once cooled, peel beetroots and place into a food processor or blender with garlic, tahini, cumin and juice of 1 lemon. Process until smooth, or your desired consistency.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, season well and top with the toasted pumpkin seeds.
Recipe developed with the assistance of Melinda Benstead, TNN Recipe Developer & Expert LCHF Baker. Learn more in Meet Min here.
Image by Sarah Craven Photography.