I often get asked how a smoothie for breakfast can keep me full until 2pm. Try this – it’s the nutrient density, balance of macronutrients and the abundance of good fats that makes it work.
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- ¼ cup canned coconut cream, preferably organic
- ¼ avocado
- 1 handful spinach
- 1 frozen zucchini, optional
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 30g vanilla or chocolate protein powder(e.g. Bare Blends WPI)
- 1/3-1 tray ice
- Add water and chia seeds to the blender and let sit for 10 minutes for the chia seeds to go to work.
- Add coconut cream, avocado, greens, raspberries and cinnamon and blend well.
- Add protein powder and ice and blend until thick but smooth. Add more ice for a thicker smoothie.
- Pour into a jar and transport with you as required. Enjoy.
Image: Sarah Craven Photography.