These are a variation on our Savoury Breakfast Muffins – simply whip them up on a Sunday and you’ll have breakfast prepared for the entire week.
Ingredients (Makes 10)
- 2½ cups almond meal
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (ACV)
- 2 rashers pasture-raised bacon, diced
- ½ tablespoon cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil
- 4 eggs, free range, whisked
- ½ cup grass-fed butter, melted
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 cup pumpkin, grated
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl, combine almond meal, baking powder, salt and ACV.
- Heat a small frypan over medium heat, add the oil and fry the bacon until crispy.
- Add the eggs and butter, mixing well to combine. Add in the bacon and grated vegies and stir well.
- Transfer into lightly greased muffin trays, top with a scattering of pepitas and bake for 25 minutes or until cooked through and firm to touch.
- Serve 1-2 for breakfast depending on individual goals and training requirements.