This recipe is such as example of how simple and delicious a whole food approach to breakfast can be. Consuming adequate protein before 10am can be especially important for women to establish blood sugar control, satiety and craving management. Give it a try and please report back on how different your day is as a result.
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 capsicum, diced
- 30g spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 tablespoon cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Bring a small pot of water to boil and add eggs carefully with a spoon to avoid them cracking in the process. Cook for 7-8 minutes for hard boiled or 5-6 minutes for soft boiled.
- Combine all salsa ingredients into a bowl and stir to combine.
- Serve salsa with eggs and salmon and enjoy.
Recipe developed by Nutritionist Elly Mclean and image shot by Elyse Lagos, TNN Practice Manager, Recipe Developer & Food Photographer. Learn more about Elly & Elyse here.