We get it, steamed cauliflower isn’t always going to get you running to the dinner table and that’s exactly why we have created these delicious, low carbohydrate Cauliflower Bites with Chilli Avocado Smash.
Soft on the inside and crispy on the outside, what’s not to love?
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- ½ head cauliflower
- 1 egg, free range
- 1 teaspoon coconut flour
- ¼ cup almond meal
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, optional
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil
- Salt & pepper, to taste
Chilli Avocado Smash
- 1 avocado, peeled & seed removed
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes, optional
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Steam cauliflower until soft and put aside to cool.
- Once cool, mash cauliflower with a fork and add egg, coconut flour, almond meal, cheese, garlic salt and season. Stir well to combine.
- Roll into balls, place on baking tray and spray with coconut oil. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Whilst cauliflower is cooking, mash avocado with lime juice, chilli flakes and salt.
- Serve cauliflower bites with the avocado smash and enjoy!
Recipe developed and image shot by Elyse Lagos, TNN Practice Manager, Recipe Developer & Food Photographer. Learn more about Elyse here.