If you are used to having smoothies for breakfast during the warmer months; porridge can be a great substitute as the weather turns cooler. We’ve put together this warming porridge using cauliflower instead of the traditional oats or quinoa. Try it, you will be surprised.
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 1 cup of cauliflower rice (approx. ¼ head of cauliflower)
- 1 cup of unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon rice malt syrup
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- A drop or two of Heilala Vanilla Extract
- A pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup raspberries
- Add cauliflower to a food processor and blitz until forms cauliflower rice.
- Place all ingredients, except for raspberries, into a small saucepan and place on medium heat.
- Cook, stirring regularly, for 10 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid absorbed. Turn the heat up to high for an additional 5 minutes, being sure to continue to stir so it does not overboil.
- Stir in raspberries and serve.
Recipe developed with the assistance of Min Benstead, Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and Recipe Creator for TNN. Learn more in Meet Min here.
Image by Sarah Craven Photography.