With the last days of Winter fast approaching, we wanted to share with you our Chia Porridge with Roasted Rhubarb and Raspberries, as featured in the September edition of Nourish.
The roasted rhubarb alone provides a great snack or dessert with some home-made coconut yoghurt. Why not make it for someone special this coming weekend, we know they will be impressed.
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 pinch sea salt
Roasted Rhubarb & Raspberries:
- 1 bunch of rhubarb, approximately 500g, trimmed and cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 125g raspberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine rhubarb, rice malt syrup, vanilla and zest and juice of 1 orange and transfer to the baking tray. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes or until the rhubarb has softened and has started to caramelize. Remove from the oven and gently fold through the raspberries.
- To a small saucepan, add coconut cream, chia, cinnamon, coconut flakes, almond butter and salt. Bring to the boil and simmer until porridge thickens, stirring throughout.
- Remove from the heat and stir through ¼ cup of roasted rhubarb and raspberries.
- To serve, top with an additional tablespoon of rhubarb. Remaining rhubarb can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Recipe developed with the assistance of Min Benstead, Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and Recipe Creator for TNN. Learn more in Meet Min here.
Image by Sarah Craven Photography.