As we move into the cooler weather in Australia, it’s time to choose warmer breakfast options, instead of smoothies and chia puddings. Here’s a simple omelette that’s the perfect way to start your day – an abundance of greens, quality protein and good fats. How you start your day really does shape your entire day.
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 2 eggs, free range
- ½ bunch broccolini
- 2 button mushrooms, chopped
- 2 rashers organic bacon, diced
- Cold pressed extra virgin coconut oil
- 30g Goat’s feta
- 1 handful kale, finely chopped
- ½ avocado, mashed
- Sea salt & pepper
- Beat eggs and combine chopped vegetables and bacon in a large bowl.
- Pour mix into a lightly oiled frypan and cook until eggs are to your liking.
- Sprinkle feta and add kale to one half of the omelette and gently fold in half. Cook for a further minute or two.
- Serve omelette with avocado mash and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Image: Sarah Craven Photography.