This is a new favourite here at The Natural Nutritionist. So simple and the perfect way to warm up a salad for the cooler weather. You can of course make your patties from scratch, but I often choose to save time and support my local butcher by purchasing their pre-made grass-fed option. Enjoy.
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 yellow capsicum
- 1 avocado
- 1 handful coriander
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- The juice of 1 lime
Cashew Sour Cream:
- 1 cup cashews, soaked in boiled water for 10 minutes and drained
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- The juice of one lemon
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 grass-fed beef pattie
- 1 egg, free range
- 1 tablespoon cold pressed extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 large iceberg lettuce leaves, chopped
- To make the salsa: roughly chop tomatoes, capsicum and avocado and combine in a small bowl with finely chopped coriander, olive oil and lime juice. Combine well. Cook patties and eggs in coconut oil.
- To make the cashew sour cream: combine all ingredients in a food processor or high-speed blender and process until smooth.
- Cook patties and eggs in coconut oil.
- In a bowl add lettuce leaves, 1 cup salsa and a generous pour of cashew sour cream. Top with patties and egg and serve. Store leftover salsa and cashew sour cream in the fridge for tomorrow.