There is no better way to spoil your mum than with a home cooked breakfast made with love this Mothers Day. Our Green Eggs and Ham fits the brief perfectly and will be enjoyed by the whole family.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1/2 cup multi-coloured quinoa, well rinsed
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 bunch of asparagus, halved
- 4 eggs, free range
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (ACV)
- 1 handful of basil, roughly chopped
- 50g almonds, roughly chopped
- 6 slices of pasture-raised prosciutto, roughly torn
- 30g goat’s feta
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring 1 cup of water to the boil: add in ½ cup rinsed quinoa and a pinch of salt. Stir, turn heat down to low, and cover. Cook for approximately 10-15 minutes until it has tripled in size and starts to sprout little tails. Remove from the heat, keeping it covered for an additional 5 minutes to absorb any remaining liquid.
- In another saucepan, bring water to the boil and steam peas and asparagus until slightly tender.
- To poach eggs: bring a small saucepan of water to the boil. Add ACV. Crack eggs into a cup and create a gentle whirlpool in the water. Slowly tip the egg into the water and cook for 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- In a large bowl combine quinoa, peas, asparagus, basil and almonds. Top with prosciutto, goat’s feta and poached eggs. Season well and enjoy.
Recipe developed with the assistance of Min Benstead, Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and Recipe Creator for TNN. Learn more in Meet Min here.
Image by Sarah Craven Photography.