There is a common misconception about LCHF being a predominantly meat-heavy approach and lacking plant foods, however this couldn’t be further from the truth when it comes to a properly prescribed plate. We’ve said it from the very beginning and will continue to advocate that plants should always be the biggest portion on your plate with a goal of 2 cups per meal. This will allow for optimal nutrient density and in turn better health outcomes.
A great example is our Green Power “Pasta”. This will take you under 30 minutes to prepare, load your body with an abundance of green vegetables and the flavour, well we’ll leave that for you to decide.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1 avocado, peeled & de-seeded
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ bunch broccoli, cut into small florets
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 3 zucchinis, spiralized
- 1 punnet baby tomatoes, diced
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Nutritional yeast, to taste
- To make the avocado sauce: place avocado, tahini, oil, juice of half the lemon, garlic and basil leaves in a blender and blend until smooth. Season well.
- Lightly steam the broccoli and peas and place in a bowl with the diced tomatoes.
- Lightly steam the zucchini and add to the bowl of veggies. Top with the avocado sauce and mix well.
- Serve into bowls topped with more fresh basil and a sprinkle of nutritional yeast.
Recipe developed with the assistance of Melinda Benstead, Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and Recipe Creator.
Image by Sarah Craven Photography.