Eggs are one of those food groups who have taken a hard hit in the media, we’ve been told so many contradicting theories and we are here to set the record straight. Please don’t avoid them and eat the whole thing, there is absolutely no need to avoid the yolks! They are full of protein and the yolk is where all those healthy fats, vitamins and minerals are such as selenium, vitamin A, D and folate. Try this Healthy “BELTA” for a delicious and fulfilling start to your day!
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 1 Buckwheat Wrap or 1 GF Precinct Buckwheat & Chia Wrap
- 1 teaspoon cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 rashers pasture raised bacon
- 2 eggs, free range
- 1 handful spinach
- ½ tomato, sliced
- ½ avocado, peeled, de-seeded & thinly sliced
- Sea salt and pepper
- In a large frypan, heat coconut oil and fry the bacon until golden and set aside. Retain the bacon fat.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs until bubbles form.
- In the above frypan, pour in the eggs and scramble to your liking.
- Whilst the above is cooking, lay down your wrap on a large plate and add spinach, tomato and avocado.
- Top with scrambled eggs and bacon. Season with salt and pepper and fold gently as you would a burrito.
Recipe developed by Head Honcho Steph Lowe and image shot by Elyse Lagos, TNN Practice Manager, Recipe Developer & Food Photographer. Learn more about Steph & Elyse here.