Fresh, tasty and extremely easy to make, you’ll want to add these Healthy Chicken Souvlaki’s to your meal planning this week. The combination of flavours and textures pack a real punch, a perfect throw-together meal for the whole family, even the fussy eaters!
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 300g free range chicken thighs, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested & juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 Buckwheat Wraps or 2 GF Precinct Buckwheat & Chia Wraps
- 1/4 cup Dairy Free Tzatziki
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 100g baby spinach
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Slice chicken into 3cm cubes and toss with oil, lemon zest, garlic and oregano in a bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes. Thread chicken onto skewers.
- Heat BBQ or grill over high heat and cook chicken for about 3 minutes on each side and set aside to rest.
- Combine tomato and red onion in a bowl, season and set aside.
- Warm wraps on BBQ for a couple of minutes. Top with avocado, tzatziki, spinach, tomato and onion mix, chicken and a squeeze of fresh lemon. Season to taste. Enjoy.
Recipe developed by Head Honcho Steph Lowe and image shot by Elyse Lagos, TNN Practice Manager, Recipe Developer & Food Photographer. Learn more about Steph & Elyse here.