Even in the warmer weather we love putting the slow cooker on for a delicious, affordable and time efficient way to JERF. We’ve put a healthy spin on this asian inspired satay chicken dish which will take you no longer that 10 minutes to prepare and shows you that healthy doesn’t have to be one bit boring!
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 1kg chicken thighs, diced into large pieces
- 8 large button mushrooms, quartered
- 2 carrots, diced into large circles
- 1 red capsicum, diced into large pieces
- 400ml canned coconut cream
- ¾ cup chunky natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- 1 tablespoon chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Juice of 1 lime
Cauliflower & Broccoli Rice:
- ½ head of broccoli, floretted
- ½ head of cauliflower, floretted
- 1 tablespoon cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- Add chicken and vegetables to slow cooker.
- Add all sauce ingredients to a blender and blend until well combined.
- Pour sauce into slow cooker, cover and cook on low for four hours.
- To make the caulibroc rice, pulse the cauliflower and broccoli together in a food processor until it resembles rice.
- In a large fry pan or wok, heat the oil and sauté the caulibroc rice for 4-5 minutes. Season well.
- Serve the satay on top of the rice and top with fresh coriander.
Image by Sarah Craven Photography.