More often than not the hardest part to compromise when it comes to transitioning into a real food lifestyle is the idea of never having bread in your diet. But what if we said you could have your bread and eat it too?
Our LCHF Vegie Bread has a delicious base of sweet potato and zucchini, it’s loaded with fibre and is absolutely divine toasted with some grass fed butter!
Ingredients (Makes 12 slices)
- 2 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husks
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1 cup grated sweet potato, moisture removed
- 1 cup grated raw zucchini, moisture removed
- 4 eggs, free range
- 1/4 cup cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon organic rice malt syrup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (ACV)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl, combine almond meal, psyllium, salt and baking powder.
- Add grated vegetables to the bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs.
- Add the eggs, oil, rice malt syrup and ACV and mix thoroughly.
- Scoop into a greased bread tin and bake for 30 minutes or until it passes a skewer test.
- Cool, slice into 12 serves and store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
Recipe developed by Head Honcho Steph Lowe and image shot by Elyse Lagos, TNN Practice Manager, Recipe Developer & Food Photographer. Learn more about Steph & Elyse here.