With Christmas just around the corner and BBQ season fast approaching, this seafood platter is exactly what you need to impress your guests or treat yourself and someone you love this festive season! Seafood is such a great way to mix up your protein source and get a nice dose of zinc, selenium and omega-3. What’s not to love?
Ingredients (Serves 2-3)
- 1 lobster, cleaned and halved
- 8 prawns
- 8 scallops
- 50g grass fed butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 4 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 chilli, sliced, optional
- Preheat oven to 200°C and prepare a tray with baking paper or heat a BBQ to high heat.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter and add garlic. Stir until fragrant (1-2 minutes) and then stir through lemon and parsley.
- Scatter seafood onto a baking tray (if using an oven) or a plate (if using a BBQ) and pour over butter mixture, ensuring the seafood is well coated. Top with chilli (if including).
- Oven method: cook for 5-6 minutes and remove prawns and scallops. Cook for a further 3-4 minutes or until lobster is cooked through.
- BBQ method: cook seafood in batches starting with prawns for 1-2 minutes on each side or until charred, add scallops and lobster (shell and flesh side down) and cover with lid cooking for 3-4 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with lemon wedges and extra parsley, enjoy!