Even if you are working, December and January provides us with long summer days and much opportunity to catch up with family and friends. Our Lemon & Garlic Prawn Skewers are perfect for a barbeque, no matter the occasion.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1kg raw prawns, peeled and deveined
- 8 skewers, soaked
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Add all marinade ingredients in a large bowl, whisking to ensure well combined.
- Thread the prawns onto skewers and brush with marinade. Set aside on a large plate and brush any remaining marindate on the skewers. Allow to sit for 2-4 hours.
- Heat a BBQ grill on medium-high and grill prawn skewers for 4 minutes each side, or until they are cooked to your liking.
- Serve alongside your favourite char-grilled greens or garden salad.
Recipe developed with the assistance of Melinda Benstead, TNN Recipe Developer & Expert LCHF Baker. Learn more in Meet Min here.
Image by Sarah Craven Photography.