With the cooler weather approaching and our morning smoothies not as appealing, it’s the ideal time to introduce our warming LSA porridge, the perfect nourishing start to your day. We’ve used LSA instead of traditional oats. LSA is a combination of linseed, sunflower seeds and almonds – all of which provide a healthy serving of fat and will help keep you fuller for longer.
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 2 tablespoons linseed, sunflower & almond meal (LSA)
- 1 apple, grated
- ½ cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1 pinch sea salt
- ¼ cup frozen berries
- 1 tablespoon walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 – 2 tablespoons coconut yoghurt, optional
- To a small saucepan, add LSA, grated apple, milk, cinnamon, vanilla, coconut and pinch of salt. Stirring regularly, bring to a simmer and simmer for 3-5 minutes until porridge thickens.
- Remove from the heat and stir through berries.
- To serve, top with chopped walnuts and yoghurt, if using.
Recipe developed with the assistance of Melinda Benstead, TNN Recipe Developer & Expert LCHF Baker. Learn more in Meet Min here.
Image by Sarah Craven Photography.