It’s Spring (in Australia) and smoothies are back on the menu! This Magic Maca Smoothie has been designed by our Nutritionist, Elly McLean, and is our new favourite post training refuel here at TNN. Maca powder can be found at the health food store, or health food aisle of your local supermarket. Enjoy.
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk, such as my Super Easy Coconut Milk
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- ½ banana, frozen
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 20g kale
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed whey protein powder
- ½–1 tray ice
- Place water, coconut milk and chia seeds in a blender and let sit for 10 minutes for the chia seeds to go to work.
- Add remaining ingredients, excluding the ice, to the blender and blend until smooth or your preferred consistency. If desired, add the ice and blend for a further minute.