Have you ever met anyone that doesn’t love bread, even more so when it’s of the sweet kind? Our Mixed Berry Bread is gluten, dairy and refined sugar free and absolutely delicious! It’s a perfect on-the-go breaky when you’re short on time or a post-workout snack to top that muscle glycogen back up. Serve it toasted with some grass fed butter and you certainly won’t look back.
Ingredients (serves 10)
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 eggs, free range, whisked
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup mixed berries
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a bread tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, place flours, cinnamon, baking powder and salt and stir to combine.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract, oil, honey and vinegar and mix thoroughly.
- Carefully fold in berries and coconut. If the mixture is very thick, add 1/2 cup of water, mix thoroughly and allow to sit for 15 minutes.
- Scoop into prepared tin and bake for 30-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cut into 10 slices. Best served warm. Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
Recipe developed by Head Honcho Steph Lowe and image shot by Elyse Lagos, TNN Practice Manager, Recipe Developer & Food Photographer. Learn more about Steph & Elyse here.