Butter Chicken is a delicious Indian curry which is mild enough for the whole family to enjoy. Don’t be put off by the long list of ingredients, we promise it is a quick and easy dish which you can have on the table within an hour of starting!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 600g chicken thighs, diced
- 2 tablespoons cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 leek, sliced thinly
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- ½ – 1 teaspoon chili powder, depending on taste
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 cup tomato passata
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 400ml coconut cream, canned
- 60g spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 4 zucchinis
- 30g grass-fed butter
- ½ bunch coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the leek, garlic, ginger and chilli and sauté for 3 – 5 minutes until softened.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the remaining spices. Add the tomato passata, tomato paste and coconut cream and stir to combine.
- Add the chicken, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked. Remove the lid, stir through the spinach and season well. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken further.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking, spiralize the zucchini so that they become noodles. Melt butter in a fry-pan over a medium heat. Add zucchini noodles and sauté for 3 minutes or until softened.
- Divide noodles amongst four plates and top with butter chicken. Top with coriander, slivered almonds and season well.
Recipe developed with the assistance of Min Benstead, Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and Recipe Creator for TNN. Learn more in Meet Min here.
Image by Sarah Craven Photography.