Pho is popular street food from Vietnam. It is a light fragrant soup which is not only quick and easy to prepare but nourishes you from the inside out. Using an organic chicken broth as the foundation, our Simple Nourishing Chicken Pho can help fight infections, improve digestion and act as an anti-inflammatory helping ensure your health stays on track.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 8 cups filtered water
- 6 teaspoons Broth of Life Dehydrated Chicken Broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 star anise
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 4 spring onions, 2 roughly chopped, 2 thinly sliced for serving
- 300g free range chicken breast, sliced paper thin
- 1 zucchini, sprialised
- 1 carrot, spiralized
- 1 bunch baby bok choy, washed and leaves separated
- 1 tablespoon tamari sauce
- ½ bunch coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 lime
- Place water, Broth of Life, ginger, star anise, garlic and 2 spring onions to a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and discard the ginger, star anise, garlic and spring onions.
- In two serving bowls add raw chicken slices, zucchini and carrot noodles and bok choy.
- To the liquid add tamari and bring to the boil. Stir through the lime juice and pour the hot stock over the chicken and vegetables and top with coriander and serve with lime wedges on the side.
Please note: the hot broth will cook the chicken when poured over the top. Alternatively you could quickly pan fry the chicken and add it along with the coriander.
Recipe developed with the assistance of Min Benstead, TNN Recipe Developer & Expert LCHF Baker. Learn more in Meet Min here.
Image by Sarah Craven Photography.