With 70-90% of your immune system located in your gut, what you eat can have a big effect on your immunity. Our nourishing chicken soup is the perfect way to nourish and support you and your family during these challenging times.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 roast or poached chicken, shredded
- 1 tablespoon cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 leek, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 250g pumpkin, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon turmeric, grated
- 100g spinach
- 2 zucchinis, spiralised into noodles
- ½ bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 2 litres chicken bone broth
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat coconut oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add leek, garlic, thyme, celery and carrot and cook, stirring frequently for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Pour in the bone broth and bring to the boil, then reduce heat to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin, ginger and turmeric to the saucepan and simmer for a further 15 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
- Add the chicken, spinach and zucchini noodles and simmer until the spinach has wilted and zucchini noodles cooked.
- Stir through the parsley and season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Tip: save the chicken bones to make your own bone broth. For our how to guide on all things broth, please read here.