This One Pan Chicken with Pumpkin & Brussel Sprouts is the definition of a throw together meal. Perfect for nights when you’re short on time – you can rest assured this meal will nourish the entire family!
If brussel sprouts aren’t your favourite vegetable let us remind you of why they should be. They are part of the cruciferous vegetable family, a group of nutritional powerhouse plants which supply a heavy dose of antioxidants and nutrients that support detoxification of the liver. Brussel sprouts will also provide you with fibre to help maintain a healthy digestive system and vitamin C for immunity!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 250g brussel sprouts, chopped in half
- ½ jap pumpkin, diced
- ½ red onion, cut into wedges
- 600g free range chicken thigh fillets
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 lemon
- 6-8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place vegetables on baking tray.
- In a bowl combine oil, butter, garlic, mustard, honey and the juice and rind of half the lemon. Cut the remaining lemon into wedges and set aside.
- Coat the chicken with the marinade and add to baking tray. Drizzle remainder of marinade over vegetables and season.
- Place the tray in the oven to bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Portion into plates and enjoy!
Recipe developed and image shot by Elyse Lagos, TNN Practice Manager, Recipe Developer & Food Photographer. Learn more about Elyse here.