We have put a much healthier spin on traditional bircher muesli with this recipe, ensuring you still get the delicious flavour but without the carbohydrate load and sugar crash as a result!
The chia seeds, flaxseeds, almond meal and pumpkin seeds make this Overnight Chia Bircher an anti-inflammatory powerhouse, delivering you with omega-3 fatty acids and protein to keep you satisfied all morning. So simple to prepare and a great way to stay on track as you can prepare ahead of time!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 4 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 4 tablespoons almond meal
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup coconut flakes
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 apple, grated
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon walnuts
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds, optional
- Handful blueberries
- Combine chia seeds, flaxseed meal, almond meal, pumpkin seeds, coconut flakes, coconut milk, apple and cinnamon in an airtight container, stirring thoroughly.
- Transfer to the fridge to allow to soak overnight.
- To serve, stir through coconut yoghurt and top with walnuts, hemp seeds and blueberries.
Recipe developed and image shot by Elyse Lagos, TNN Practice Manager, Recipe Developer & Food Photographer. Learn more about Elyse here.