These Pumpkin Protein Pancakes are the definition of perfection – a great way to sneak in some veg (we guarantee the kids won’t notice), get a nice dose of protein and just the right amount of sweetness to make anyone assume that they couldn’t possibly be healthy!
Ingredients (Serves 2-3)
- 1 cup cooked mashed pumpkin
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 2 eggs, free range
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons vanilla protein powder
- ½ cup almond meal
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 heaped tablespoon coconut yoghurt
- 1 banana, chopped
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup
- Cinnamon, to taste
- Mix together wet ingredients including the pumpkin, coconut milk, eggs and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Add the cinnamon, baking powder, protein powder, almond meal and sea salt to the mix until combined. It should be thick, but pourable.
- Heat a large fry pan to medium heat and add half the coconut oil. Spoon the batter onto the pan to make individual pancakes to your desired size. Lightly fry each pancake, flipping half way.
- Serve pancakes topped with yoghurt, banana, rice malt syrup and a decent sprinkle of cinnamon and enjoy.