With the festive season approaching, this dish is a great way to freshen up the Christmas table and wow your guests! Roasted in thyme infused oil, placed on a bed of smoky baba ganoush with pops of pomegranate and crunchy seeds – I really couldn’t think of a better way to eat cauliflower.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 head cauliflower
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup Baba Ganoush
- ½ bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 pomegranate, seeds
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut cauliflower into 1.5 cm thick steaks, don’t worry if it crumbles a little, it’s a rustic dish and loose florets can still be used. Add to baking tray.
- Combine the oil, thyme and salt and pepper to create a dressing, coat cauliflower steaks with the dressing before placing in the oven for 20 minutes or until edges begin to golden.
- Remove cauliflower from oven and set aside.
- To assemble this dish, start by spreading baba ganoush onto a large serving plate. Scatter cauliflower steaks on top followed by parsley, pomegranate and seeds. Season and enjoy!
Recipe developed and image shot by Elyse Lagos, TNN Practice Manager, Recipe Developer & Food Photographer. Learn more about Elyse here.