When it comes to quick and healthy, this Salmon with Sweet Potato & Kale Salad is what comes to mind. Delivering a beautiful combination of heart healthy fats including omega-3 fatty acids, complex carbohydrate from the sweet potato and an abundance of nutrients from the leafy-greens – you really can’t go wrong!
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 2 x 120g salmon fillets, preferably wild caught
- 2 tablespoons cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 small sweet potato, diced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 bunch of kale, stalks removed & leaves roughly chopped
- 40g spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons goji berries
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, roughly chopped
- ¼ bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- ½ avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 lemon, zested & juiced
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with paper.
- In a bowl, add sweet potato, half the coconut oil and paprika. Season well and toss to combine. Transfer to the baking tray and bake for 15 minutes, turning at the half way mark.
- In a small bowl add olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lemon zest and juice. Season well and whisk together until well combined.
- In a large bowl add kale, spinach, goji berries, walnuts and half the dressing. Massage the dressing into the greens, softening the kale. Add the roasted sweet potato, parsley, avocado and remaining dressing and toss gently to combine.
- Heat remaining coconut oil in a medium frypan and add salmon fillets, skin side down. Season with salt and cook until the skin is crispy before flipping and cooking to your liking. Serve alongside the salad.
Recipe developed by Head Honcho Steph Lowe and image shot by Elyse Lagos, TNN Practice Manager, Recipe Developer & Food Photographer. Learn more about Steph & Elyse here.