Brussel Sprouts are one of the most underrated vegetables. Belonging to the cruciferous family they are also a great source of protein, potassium and iron and packed full of vitamin C making them the perfect addition to your plate this Winter.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 8 grass-fed sausages
- ¼ red cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 beetroot, grated
- 50g spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 8 Brussel sprouts, sliced
- 20g butter, grass-fed
- Paleo mayonnaise, to taste
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine shredded cabbage, grated carrot, beetroot, spinach and parsley.
- In a large fry-pan, melt the butter and quickly sauté the sliced sprouts until tender. Add to the slaw.
- Toss through paleo mayonnaise to taste and season well.
- On a medium hot barbeque grill, cook the sausages slowly turning every couple of minutes until they are cooked. Remove from heat and serve with Brussel Slaw.
Recipe developed with the assistance of Min Benstead, Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and Recipe Creator for TNN. Learn more in Meet Min here.
Image by Sarah Craven Photography.