With the festive season behind us and long summer days still ahead of us to enjoy, we look to meals which are quick, nutritious and tasty. Our Simple Prawn Salad ticks all the boxes and is a crowd pleaser.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 300g fresh prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, roughly chopped
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 125g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Combine the chilli, garlic, lemon zest, juice of 1/2 lemon and olive oil in a bowl. Marinate prawns for 20 minutes.
- In a large salad bowl combine the lettuce, celery, tomatoes, avocado, chives and sunflower seeds.
- Heat a barbeque grill plate to high heat and quickly cook the prawns for a couple of minutes each side until cooked through and golden.
- Toss the prawns through the salad and squeeze the remaining lemon half over the salad. Season well and enjoy.
Recipe developed with the assistance of Melinda Benstead, TNN Recipe Developer & Expert LCHF Baker. Learn more in Meet Min here.
Image by Sarah Craven Photography.