With Easter a week away why not embrace the meat-free Good Friday and whip up these Spicy Prawn Tacos?
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 600g fresh prawns, peeled & deveined
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 iceberg lettuce, washed & leaves separated
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 red cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 baby fennel, finely diced
- 1/2 bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl combine the prawns with cumin, paprika, garlic powder, juice of one lime and olive oil. Toss to combine and set aside for 1 hour.
- In a large bowl combine tomato, cabbage, carrot, fennel, coriander and avocado. Season well and toss to combine.
- Heat a frying pan or barbeque grill to high heat and quickly cook the prawns for a couple of minutes each side until cooked through and golden.
- To serve: take a lettuce leave and top with prawns and salad.
Recipe developed with the assistance of Melinda Benstead, TNN Recipe Developer & Expert LCHF Baker. Learn more in Meet Min here.
Image by Sarah Craven Photography.